Get ready to enjoy new freedoms as COVID-19 restrictions are eased in NSW….
FROM FRIDAY, FEB 18 2022
• No density limits (previously one person per 2sqm for hospitality venues);
• QR check-ins will only be required for nightclubs, and for all music festivals with more than 1,000 people. Hospitals, aged and disability facilities may use their existing systems for recording visitors;
• Singing and dancing will be permitted at all venues, except music festivals, where singing and dancing can recommence from 25 February;
FROM FRIDAY, FEB 25 2022
• Masks will only be mandated on public transport, planes, and indoors at airports, hospitals, aged and disability care facilities, corrections facilities and indoor music festivals with more than 1,000 people;
• Masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others and for customer facing retail staff to protect vulnerable people who must access these premises and services;
• Vaccination requirements will remain for indoor music festivals over 1,000 people, with attendees required to have at least two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.